Blogs I Read


Today’s article is being written with a lot of huge news as well. I am not doing National Novel Writing Month, but I did say that I was going to finish writing my novel, and as of November 3rd, I completed it with 43,000 words and a bunch of plot holes. Anyways, I am still excited because it was my first novel, and I finished the first draft. Subscribe for another exclamation of more great news coming to the blogging/writing portion of my life.

Today’s article is about the blogs I read and there are a lot. You may have already seen those on the sidebar of my blog, but here’s an official post about them. Any of the pictures I use are screenshots of those blogs, and will be self-explanatory about which blog each of those are from. Note: The blogs included are by people and not a company. For example, I could have included the blog at http://www.agathachristie.com/, but it is owned by Agatha Christie Limited, a company.

TAJ News Blog

This blog is written by some friends of mine. It includes a bunch of random articles pertaining to life and growing up as a Christian teenager. They don’t post that often anymore, but there are still great former articles that you could read on your spare time.

Intertwining Melodies and Grace Iolene

My friend, Anna (who wrote the guest article I posted two weeks ago and writes at TAJ News Blog also), writes on this blog about her life. I guess life blogging tends to be popular; no offense to anyone who does that. I don’t like life blogging because I would like to keep most of my life to myself (sorry, guys 😊). She has had that blog for many years and posts regularly every Monday. Grace Iolene is a writing blog. Although it is no longer current, there are still some great posts including a character interview. She is really the blogging professional here because she had been blogging for longer than anyone else I know.


Traveling Food Blogger

Jessica (who writes at TAJ blog) writes about her travels and other very interesting events in her life at this blog. She also does a lot of photography so there are hundreds of beautiful pictures from the many places she has been.

The Pioneer Woman


            Ree Drummond, “The Pioneer Woman,” co-writes this blog with other food bloggers. She has an immensely popular Food Network show (called “The Pioneer Woman” obviously) and the greatest recipes my mom and I have ever found. To prove her popularity, people visit her ranch daily and now she has a magazine and is building a small “hotel” for visitors. In this extremely stunning blog, there are food tips from the other bloggers (decorating, sandwich building, knife cuts, etc.), sweepstakes for her brand (which look amazing, by the way), and confessions of her life on a ranch in Oklahoma. If you think I know a lot about her, it’s probably because I do. She is also a food photographer and bestselling young adult and children’s author besides being a blogger and a chef. She is one talented person.

A Writer's Faith

I love this blog because the blogger’s (Katie) ideas for novels are really interesting and her writing schedule never fails to amaze me. There are not as many tips, but there are enjoyable and random articles about writing and characters. She is also a huge Marvel fan and keeps all of her readers informed about Marvel movies. In three days of NaNo, she wrote 16,000 words. And she did it without coffee (because she broke her coffee maker). I am so amazed…

Rebellious Writing

This is a blog written by many Christian bloggers and one Catholic blogger. The point of this blog is to inspire a revolution and dedication against immoral content in young adult novels. Young adult novels are essentially known for inappropriate content that we readers loathe. There is nothing more upsetting than wanting to read a book with amazing plots and characters, but you are turned away by the content. Movies are the same, but this blog focuses on the books. Many of the bloggers are author who are dedicated to producing clean works, and continuing this rebellion. This blog also includes guides of different topics in young adult novels that are imperative to think about before including in any novel.

Reflections of the Heart

This blog is not related to writing or literature, but it is a Christian blog about modesty and other cultural topics including abortion, gender, and dating. Melani (the blogger) has very biblical views concerning how to live in this world that pushes unbiblical agendas. She also explains her opinions very clearly and respectfully.

When Words Fly

Abby's writing blog has a lot of great tips as well as GIFs and references to LEGO Ninjago. I regret to inform all of my readers that as long as someone hypes something passionately enough, I will most likely end up doing the same. That's seriously the only reason I love Star Wars and Marvel today. But her blog got me into LEGO Ninjago although the genre is really not my thing. She does articles on school, writing, and organizing.

Writing is Life and Ivie Writes

These are two other writing blogs I follow. Both Gray Marie and Ivie post at Rebellious Writing also. Both of them change their blog design a lot as well.

&

            I am going to end this article with a quote that is from Pinterest. It is certainly so true for me, and it doesn’t just apply to fiction books, but even to nonfiction books. Have you ever thought of your history textbook the same way as a fiction book? They do the same things depending on how you look at it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me: An Imprint

2017 Summer Highlights

The Middle East ~ Part 2