My 15th Birthday Gifts


Hello, readers! Today’s miscellaneous article is about my 15th birthday party which was celebrated on June 17th. My actual birthday is on June 23rd if you were wondering. I invited some friends over, and we played a game and swam in my pool. The bulk of this article is mostly a review of the gifts I received and why I enjoy each one of them.


Book Safe

My friends, Triniti and Kaeli, gave me a book safe that they made out of an old book that they had. Although in the first picture, it looks like a regular book, it is evident that it is a book safe in the second picture. The book is titled The Life and Death of Adolf Hitler, and is a 1973 edition. Triniti even let me borrow the actual book so I could read it. I might to a book review on it later. I hope that I will be able to use the book safe for something important one day.
  

The First Daughter by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie

My friend, Lillian, gave me this book, and it is a historical novel about Patsy Jefferson, President Jefferson’s eldest daughter. I have started reading it, and it is a very imaginative book that describes Patsy and her role in helping her father. It is very well written and is very interesting to read. This book is inspired by the letters that the Jefferson family wrote. Perhaps I will do a book review on this book as well.



Lego Friends Puppy Championship

My friend, Sierra, gave me this present. This toy is very easy to build, and includes detailed pieces (like two dogs and a microphone). It even includes a grooming station with accessories and I know that it will be a lot of fun to play with.

Captain Toad Plush

My brother, Max, gave me this adorable plush toy that comes from the Nintendo video game, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. Toad comes with a headlight, pickaxe, a turnip (to throw at enemies), and an oversized backpack. The backpack even has a little pocket in the front where I can put very small, thin objects. Over all, I think that Toad will be a great addition to my stuffed animal collection.


Parker Pyne Investigates by Agatha Christie

Unlike other Agatha Christie mysteries, this book is a collection of stories about Parker Pyne who mostly fixes relationships and helps other people with his company. He advertises his company with these words: “Are you happy? If not, consult Mr. Parker Pyne?” Most of the stories involves his attempts to reconcile romantic relationships. A few of the stories involve bored people who are searching for excitement and adventure. And the stories at the end of this book are mysteries that he solves. If you enjoy mysteries, I wouldn’t recommend this book unless you are okay with not knowing how Parker Pyne solves the case. Parker Pyne keeps his strategies to himself, and says that he deduces certain things through statistics. But honestly, it wasn’t one of my favorite Agatha Christie books. My brother also gave me this book.
 


Tenny’s Spotlight Outfit

My uncles gave me this outfit for my American Girl doll as well as the next three items on the list. 
This is probably the most beautiful outfit that I have for my dolls. It looks really good on Samantha Parkington, which I have. There’s only two things to consider about this outfit. The skirt is very hard to put on because it is tight, and sheds pink glitter. But otherwise, it is a very nice outfit.




Lea’s Rainforest Hike Outfit


Although Lea was the Girl of the Year for 2016, this outfit is being sold in the sale section on American Girl’s website. That is a tip: if you don’t want to buy a particular set for the Girl of the Year, the year that she is being sold, you can buy it in the sale section the next year. Most of the sets are resold except for the actual doll. This outfit was everything that was expected. The hiking boots have good detail, and the belt and watch are other great touches to this set. The pants are a little hard to get on your doll though.


Lea Mini Doll and 3-Book Set



The mini doll is very cute, and the details are all spot-on like the 18-inch doll is. The only differences between the 18-inch doll and the mini doll are that the mini doll’s eyes are blue-gray rather than hazel. In the books, Lea has hazel eyes. Also, the mini doll’s hair is wavy rather than curly. But in the book illustrations, Lea has wavy hair so the 18-inch doll is not accurate in that. The books (Lea Dives In, Lea Leads the Way, and Lea and Camila) were excellent and very easy to read and understand. I love the plots and how the author creates real characters with real struggles. Another note is that after the book series, the movie, “Lea to the Rescue,” continues the story. What the picture doesn't show is a small abridged book of Lea Dives In for your doll.




Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie


This book is the next book that I have in my Hercule Poirot series. I got lost in the mystery (in a bad way) in the middle of the book mostly because the first ten chapters provide background information about the characters. I felt that there were too many extra characters and the murderer(s) were too obscure in the plot. Agatha Christie said that this was the hardest book to write and that she didn’t want to finish it. I think I know why.

A Laptop

My grandpa bought me a laptop for my birthday and I am using it right now to type this article. I have been using it to write stories, scripts, and articles and I took all of my online exams with this computer. I did not include a picture because I do not remember what specific type of computer I have. I am so glad that I have it, so, Grandpa, if you’re reading this, thank you very much.

&

The verse for this week is Psalm 75:1. “Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.” This verse reminds all of us to give thanks to the Lord for the things He has blessed us with. We take things for granted so easily, but in reality, we deserve nothing. But the Lord chooses to bless us abundantly so we can always be grateful for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me: An Imprint

2017 Summer Highlights

The Middle East ~ Part 2